Senior Lecturer of Japanese
- Email: email@example.com
- Office: 351B
- Hours: MW 3:00~4:00 Th 3:30~4:30 Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for appointment
I have taught Japanese language with research interests in sociolinguistic and pragmatic competence development. The focus is set to overcome the difficulties of learning foreign sounds and the complexity of usage. I incorporate traditional and popular culture in teaching.
M.A., in Japanese Pedagogy, Columbia University
B.A., in Japanese Literature, Keio University (Tokyo)
- Sociolinguistic competence in second language acquisition.
- Pragmatic competence in oral proficiency.
- Oral fluency training with meta-cognitive approach
- Introducing a root of Japanese mentality through language used in folk tales and annual events
- JAPN 111 - 112 - First Year Japanese
- JAPN 201 - 202 - Second Year Japanese
- JAPN 301 - 302 - Third Year Japanese
- JAPN 401 - Advanced Japanese 1 / Short story Reading / JLPT 3 Preparation
- JAPN 402- Advanced Japanese 2 / JLPT 2 Preparation